FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Local African-Americans’ Contributions to Film, Television, Radio and the Stage Honored during Upcoming Black History Month Event and Production Company Relaunch
HOUSTON, Texas – On February 20, Ms Cat TV will pay tribute to local African-American professionals in film, television, radio and theatre with the launch of the first ever Houston Rising Star awards. The awards will be presented during “A Black History Initiative,” marking Ms Cat TV’s official relaunch.
Ms Cat TV is an innovative production company committed to changing the entertainment landscape by providing opportunities for actors, directors and producers outside of traditional film and plays. The company scouts and grooms local talent, and gives them an opportunity to showcase their talents via numerous programming opportunities.
“As we start a new chapter in the history of Ms Cat TV, we would be remiss if we didn’t pay homage to the tremendous legacy of talented African-Americans who have graced the stage, screen and airwaves,” said Ms Cat. “Their successes have paved the way for me and all of our Houston Rising Star award recipients to create and capitalize on opportunities in the media and entertainment industries.”
Houston Rising Star honorees will include:
• Jeffrey L. Boney, “ Associate Editor for Houston Forward Times
• Amber Neal, award-winning executive producer and host of “A Match Made in Houston”
• Dawn Paul, producer and host of “The Break of Dawn”
• Richard Walker, founder and president of EPIQ FILMs
• Frederick Alonzo, director of “When Daddy Got Saved” and “Signed, Sealed & Delivered… Jesus I’m Yours”
• Marcus Sullivan, digital content producer and high school sports reporter at FOX 26
“A Black History Initiative” will take place at Mosaic Bar & Lounge, located at 5927 Almeda Road in Houston at 5:00 p.m. The event is free, and tickets can be reserved via Eventbrite. Sponsorship opportunities are also available for maximum brand exposure.
ThinkZILLA PR & Consulting Group will oversee all public relations and event management activities. For more information about Ms Cat TV and the production company’s upcoming relaunch, visit www.mscattv.com.
ThinkZILLA PR & Consulting Group