Active contributor | offline
Member since 11 / 2011
Eight Steps To Go From Procrastination To Doing
Do you have some things you need to do and you just can’t get started? "I'll do it later." "I'll get around to it." You keep advancing it on your calendar to the next day...day after day. Many people do it regularly with nearly everything. And since in many cases that thing is something that’s important to you, your family or your tribe, you know you need to find a way to end the procrastination. A way to inspire yourself and shift the blocked energy. After all, staying in action is an important part of your Journey.
How to overcome an “I don’t wanna” might be going through some folders that have gathered dust. Shift your attention to the result you desire and consider using the following steps to get the task done.
Here's to being a non-procrastinator.
- Prioritize each task that needs to be done in order of importance and urgency.
- Set simple, achievable goals. One reason we procrastinate is that the task at hand seems too daunting.
- Create a timeline/schedule.
- Set a deadline.
- Eliminate distractions.
- Time yourself. Work steadily for 45 to 60 minutes then take a break
- Take a break for 5 to 10 minutes. Keep yourself on schedule--a 5 to 10-minute break means 5 to 10 minutes.
- Give yourself a reward after the tasks you scheduled are done. Take a 20-minute nap, lunch with a friend or colleague, a movie, reading a book or fun with the family. Catching up with a business friend or colleague might reap huge benefits as you contribute to each other--life, and work/business-related needs. And of course...once you finish something you procrastinated about you won't believe why you waited so long!!
Press Release comments:
Copyright IBOtoolbox 2020. All rights reserved