The TrilogyTM System of Treating Cancer
Dr. Sheilane Mabanta explains the various advanced methods of treating cancer through the Trilogy system
Decatur, TX, Aug 20, 2018 – Radiation oncology is among the widely known and most effective therapies available for cancer. It has been a game changer in cancer care, especially for treating prostate cancer. The latest Trilogy technology provides the most advanced methods for treating cancer.
The latest technological advancements in radiation therapy have made cancer treatment a more accurate and effective procedure, explained Dr. Mabanta. "The Trilogy system is the latest diagnostic technology investment that enhances radiation treatment methods. It is a versatile system that provides optimized image-guided radiation for use in many ways when treating cancer."
• Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy – This is where state-of-the-art computer technology is utilized to adjust the intensity of the beam of radiation being delivered to the site of the tumor. When the beam is adjusted, maximum doses are delivered to areas that have cancer cells while reducing the exposure to the surrounding areas.
• Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – It is when precise doses of radiation are delivered to an identified tumor location that was found by a special imaging technology that was used in conduction with the other technology which was used to deliver the actual radiation. By using this highly sensitive technology, it is easy to adjust the direction of the radiation and minimize exposure to healthy tissues and organs.
• 3D Conformal Radiotherapy – This method utilizes a technology that shapes beams of radiation to match the shape of the tumor. The 3D image is taken to allow radiation to be delivered to the precise tumor location and match its shape exactly.
• Stereotactic Radiosurgery – This method allows physicians to treat cancers that are in difficult locations of the body and cannot allow for traditional surgery. It also allows physicians to treatcancer patients whose health cannot allow them to undergo conventional surgery. This type of surgery delivers a single dose of radiation that is very high to a precise location which also includes a few treatments.
• Fractionated Stereotactic Radiation Therapy – It is a similar method to stereotactic radiosurgery, but here multiple doses are delivered over multiple procedures. This is for those parts of the body that require multiple radiations in smaller doses
“Trilogy has proven to be beneficial to patients in many ways. They have seen faster treatment times, it allows them to receive high radiation doses within very few sessions and has shown increased accuracy and faster recovery times by targeting precise tumor locations,” continued Dr. Mabanta. “The side effects are minimal, and this system also ensures that physicians access areas that are difficult to reach.”
About North Texas Cancer Center at Wise
North Texas Cancer Center at Wise, a division of Choice Cancer Care, is now operating as the Cancer Center at Wise Regional and is one of the most renowned cancer treatment centers in Texas. The center unites some of the best cancer doctors and surgeons, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists. Our expert team delivers superior cancer treatment in Texas, with the best results available.
North Texas Cancer Center at Wise County
2010 S. Ben Merritt Drive, Ste A
Decatur, TX 76234